Fiori client compile error

Lately I was installing the latest version of the SMP3 SDK SP10 PL3 and with it the Fiori client. While trying to create a new custom Fiori client app, I got an error. Gradle wasn`t able to download a dependency from maven.

Now, you never know for sure if this may now happening because of the new SDK version or because of another error. I checked the maven site and the POM was there, I could even download it via the browser. I use from time to time my own repository manager (artifactory). First I checked if my settings.xml can be blamed. Settings.xml was empty, so all requests done by maven will go directly. But this triggered something in my head. The connection I was using to connect to the internet was not without a proxy. Not a proxy you had to insert into your computer configuration, but it was there. So I switched to LTE via my smartphone and … it worked. Cordova compiled now ran without an error.

Lesson learned: be prepared for strange errors when a proxy is between you and the internet.