The configuration steps to be executed on the HUB system (FND) are detailed at SAP Help. The steps are for the OData Channel Service for backend system.
- Basic configuration activities: SAP Help
- User & Authorization SAP Help
SAP Gateway to Consumer (FND to SMP3) SAP Help
SAP Gateway to SAP Backend (FND to BEP) SAP Help
- Create RFC on SAP Gateway (FND) to SAP backend (BEP) SAP Help
- Define trust between SAP Gateway and SAP backend (FND <-> BEP) SAP Help
- Configure SAP backend system (BEP) to accept assertion ticket from SAP Gateway SAP Help
- Configure SAP Gateway (FND) to accept assertion ticket from SAP backend (BEP) SAP Help
- Configure SAP system alias for applications SAP Help
- Activate SAP NetWeaver Gateway SAP Help
This document explains how to execute step 3.1.
You must create a Background Remote Function Call (bgRFC) destination for communications in an outbound queue or an inbound queue respectively.
SPRO: SAP Reference IMG and navigate to: SAP NetWeaver Gateway OData Channel Configuration Connection Settings SAP NetWeaver Gateway to Consumer Create RFC Destination for Outbound Queues
This open transaction SM59
- Click Create.
- Give a name for the RFC destination, like IWFND_BGRFC_DEST
- Connection type: 3
- Inform a description
- Go to tab “Special Options“
Transfer Protocol: Classic with bgRFC
- Test connection