Presentation 3. HANA Tech Nights
- Location: MAFINEX-Technologiezentrum, Mannheim
- Date: 01.10.2019
- Site: SAP Community Wiki, Meetup.com
- Title: ABAP is DEAD – long live CAPM
- Presentation: PDF
- EOL for NetWeaver 31.12.2025 is for the on premise version, as listed by SAP PAM.
- S/4HANA is running on NetWeaver ABAP, therefore, ABAP will stay the base technology for SAP.
- Fiori Elements or “pure” Fiori app development: this is not either nor situation, both are valid and can complement each other. Important is to have the backend services made ready for Fiori; as SAP does since the beginning for their official Fiori Apps.
- Fruit Checker App is not a productive app. It is a showcase with the intention to make people think about the possibilities: what can you do today, value that combination of services can bring, etc.
- Possibilities CAP may offer depend solely on SAP. It’s their product and its features and roadmap are controlled 100% by SAP.