From legacy to cloud native
In this blog I’ll show how to bring a legacy solution to the cloud. As an example, I’ll use a user management solution based on a 3-tier application: backend, middleware, frontend. Through a series of blogs, I will bring this solution from a legacy, on premise setup to the cloud. During the migration, the solution will go through various migration steps:
- First, the components will be Dockerized
- A solution in form of a Docker compose setup will be created
- In a next step, it will be transformed to a Kubernetes (minikube) application
- Then deployed to the Azure K8s service and
- Finally transformed to an Azure cloud native application
So far, this blog is a placeholder for the individual blogs that will show how the solution goes through these migration phases. In the next months, this blog will be updated until the final application is running in the cloud.