BEP – 4 – Configure the bgRFC Supervisor Destination
The configuration steps to be executed on the backend (BEP) are detailed at SAP Help. The steps are for the OData Channel Service for backend system.
- Settings for Idempotent services Blog / SAP Help
- Defining a remote function call to SAP Gateway Blog / SAP Help
- Connection settings to SAP Gateway Blog / SAP Help
- Configure bgRFC supervisor destination SAP Help
This document explains how to execute step 4.
“You configure a supervisor destination for the bgRFC to receive the configuration settings for the bgRFC scheduler. In addition, the supervisor starts or stops the schedulers as required.” SAP Help
You need to have a user of type B called BGRFCUSER. This user will be uesd for the bgRFC communication.
- Go to transaction SU01
- Enter BGRFCUSER in the user filed
- Click on create
- Enter user data
- User Type: System
- Password: choose one
- Go to tab “Roles“
- Select role SAP_BC_BGRFC_SUPERVISOR
- Save the user
Configure bgRFC Supervisor Destination
SPRO: SAP Reference IMG and navigate to SAP NetWeaver Gateway Service Enablement Backend OData Channel Connection Settings to SAP NetWeaver Gateway Create bgRFC Supervisor Destination
- Go to tab “Define Supervisor Dest.“
- Click on create
- Enter data
- Destination Name: “BGRFC_SUPERVISOR“
- User Name: BGRFCSUPER (User created in section pre-requisites)
- Password: password for user
This created a new RFC destination named: BGRFC_SUPERVISOR. This can be verified by going to transaction SM59.
The tab Logon & Security shows the user configuration
Bala · March 8, 2021 at 08:55
bgRFC configuration is the client specific or system?
We have 3 clients in development system, 1 client we already done the bgRFC configuration.
Now we got new requirements from functional team same configuration need to be done in other client.
Can you please let us know how we can configure in other client?
Tobias Hofmann · March 12, 2021 at 15:26
destination created in SM59 are client independent.
BEP – 1 – Settings for Idempotent Services | It`s full of stars! · July 9, 2015 at 09:34
[…] bgRFC supervisor destination Blog / SAP […]